OEM Kevlar® Aramid Packing In Stock at Select Seals
WE KEEP the most popular US Quality Brand sizes in stock, ready to ship to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Aramid Fibre– Properties and Applications
Aramid fiber is an aromatic polyamide, much better known by trade names such as Kevlar Â® (DuPont) and Twaron® (Teijin Twaron). Many various grades are offered, with properties to match numerous applications, especially the aerospace and military markets. The fundamental bond strength of the molecules is exploited within Aramid fibers, due to the prevalent orientation of particles along the fiber axis.
Aramid is an artificial fiber that is produced by spinning a strong fiber from option. The preliminary preparation of the polymer is generally attained by a chain reaction in between amine department and a carboxylic acid halide group. Once the polymer has been produced, the Aramid fiber is then developed by spinning.
Secret Properties and Benefits of Aramid Fibre
Aramid has a number of useful mechanical homes that make it such a crucial product in many various fields. Some of these are outlined in the list below:.
- Low density
- High strength
- Excellent impact resistance
- Great abrasion resistance
- Good chemical resistance
- Good resistance to thermal destruction
- Compressive strength much like E-glass fibers
- Some grades of Aramid fiber can deteriorate when exposed to ultraviolet light.
Secret Applications of Aramid Fibre
Some applications for Aramid fibers are provided below. It is normally utilized as fiber reinforcement for polymer matrix composites
- Ballistic protective applications such as bullet proof vests
- Protective garments such as gloves, motorcycle safety clothing and hunting gaitors, pants and chaps
- Sails for sailboats, yachts etc
- Belts and hosing for automotive and commercial applications
- Airplane body parts
- Boat hulls
- Fibre electromechanical and optic cable televisions
- Friction linings such as clutch plates and brake pads
- Gaskets for heat and pressure applications
- Sealants and adhesives
Many different grades are offered, with homes to match different applications, especially the aerospace and military markets. The intrinsic bond strength of the particles is made use of within Aramid fibers, due to the prevalent orientation of particles along the fiber axis.
Aramid is a synthetic fiber that is produced by spinning a strong fiber from option. The initial preparation of the polymer is typically attained by a chemical response between amine department and a carboxylic acid halide department. As soon as the polymer has been produced, the Aramid fiber is then produced by spinning.
Replacement Seals 4 these Pumps +
- GRUNDFOS ®
- FLYGT XYLEM ®
- ABS SULZER ®
- KSB ®
- MONO ®
- GORMAN RUPP ®
- GOODWIN SYKES®
- ALPHA LAVAL ®
- EBARA ®
- HIDROSTAL ®
- APV PUMA ®
- CORNELL ®
- Premium Service 24/7
- Design & Manufacture Mechanical Seals
- Technical Support & Information
- Stock most Mechanical Seal Types
- Stock USA Gland Packing Types
- Stock Expanded PTFE
- Provide Reconditioning Service
Contact Us 24/7
- Tel: +61 7 5597 6373
- Mob: +61 7 417707248
- Skype: selectseals
- All international freight @ cost
- Free freight for all orders over $100 in Australia